The Results panel displays the output from using the Identify
tool, from a search using Find, or from other operations that
To open the Results window
- Results panel expands automatically after using Find or the
- You can also expand Results by clicking its down-arrow
Console. If you open
Results before doing any Find or Identify, the Results
panel will be blank.
- You can collapse
the Results panel to its title bar by clicking the
- You can resize the height of Results
by clicking and dragging the bottom of the
the Results section.
- If Results is re-opened, previous results will
still be visible, along with any new ones
Navigating the Results window
- After doing a Find or Identify, one or more Location
or Find items will be added to Results.
- If you do another Find or Identify, the new results items
are added to the top of the list in Results.
Previous Locations remain in the list.
- To see information associated with a Location or Find result,
click the plus icon
to the left of the Location or Find item.
- When you expand a Location or Find item, you will see
one or more layer names. Expand a layer to see
the features found within that layer at the location.
Features are listed using the value of
the first string field in the attributes.
- To see details for a feature, click its plus icon
This displays attribute field names and values
for the feature.
- Right-click on an item in Results for options:
||Repeat the task|
Refresh the data
Remove this Location from Results
|Layer in location||
||Zoom to checked features in Results|
Remove the layer from Results
|Feature in layer||
||Zoom to this feature|
Center map on this feature
Remove this feature from Results
Selecting with the Results window
Features may be selected (highlighted) by clicking
the check-box next to feature
. This causes
the feature(s) to be highlighted on the map. By default the highlighting
has a cyan (blue-green) outline or fill, but this may be set to a different color
by the creator of the map service.
Zooming to Features
You can zoom to one or more features in the Results window. See
the table above for illustrations of the right-click menus.
- To zoom to a single feature, right-click the feature's name
(next to the plus icon), and in the pop-up menu, choose Zoom to.
- To zoom to multiple features in a layer, click in the checkboxes
of the features, then right-click on the Layer name, and choose
Zoom To Selected Features.